Wednesday 13 February 2013

My Three Sons
I’ve already written about a few young women who engage and inspire me, so I figure it’s time to hear it for the boys.
Specifically, the three young and handsome dudes who rock my world.  My three sons.
Matt, the oldest, is all passion, except when he’s all logic. A lover of all things science, Matt is taking some time off from his bio-technology program at Durham to learn a bit about the working world, though he’s always ready for an academic discussion, especially if it involves science. (Or maybe the Leafs or his almost equally beloved Green Bay Packers.) But if you want to get a glimpse of what really makes Matt tick, check him out when he’s invoking the spirit of Dimebag and shredding on stage with his metal band, Into Exile.
(Shameless plug – Into Exile will be playing The Atria in Oshawa February 23. Jes saying...)
Cam is a year and a bit younger than big bro, but it was on the athletic fields where he made his mark. I’ve seen him do things with a puck - and more often, with a ball hockey ball – that I didn’t think was possible. He still loves to play, but work, and getting his hands dirty, is what drives him these days.  He just came back to Oshawa, actually, after spending the past few months working in B.C.’s Sunshine Coast with his buddy. Welcome back, Cameron. We all missed you.
And that brings me to Jake, the little ball of awesome and amazing that drives me to be better each and every day. Clever and uber intelligent, Jacob doesn’t seem to think much of school, yet brings home report cards with nothing but As and Bs. He’d rather stay home and play Xbox than go to practice some days, but goes anyway and always give his all. Damn good athlete, too. He’s pretty good at everything he tries, actually, and he is the sweetest kid I know. Everybody who knows him thinks he’s pretty special.
Me too.  But then, I think all my boys are pretty special.

No comments:

Post a Comment